Birthday Snap

As I was thumbing through the pages of the current issue of Paper Crafts Magazine I saw a crab shaped card that had the phrase "oh snap" on it.  Immediately this card caught my eye and I knew that it was going to be inspiration for a card to come.

Today just happens to be that day.  One of my girlfriends is celebrating her birthday this week and given her 'snappy' personality - not crabby but fun and quirky - I wanted to use that phrase for her card.  At the same time I'm also creating a card for the Bitten By The Bug 2's Water Theme Challenge.

For this card I used:

Life's a Beach for the font, birds and the little mound upon which my palm tree sits
Create a Critter for the crab
Doodlecharms for the palm tree

My beach was created using sand paper and my little mound was also cut from sand paper.  I also embossed my water to help give it a bit of a wavy look.

11 comments:

Sandi said...

I am sure your sassy, quirky friend will just love this, love your imagination in this, thanks for joining us in the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

Jayne said...

Such a great card.Love the crab.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love the crab and palm tree. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Carole Beath said...

What a cute card...your friend is going to love it.
Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 water theme challenge.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh TOO CUTE! Love your little crab and the fun beach scene. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

GiuliaG. said...

Your little crab is adorable...too too cute! Great project for the water challenge. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Brenda said...

What a cute and fun card! I love the sentiment and the beach scene with the crap is just adorable!! Thanks for joining the water challenge at BBTB2 ;-)

Jeri said...

What an adorable card. Your friend is so lucky to have a handmade card for her birthday, she'll love it. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute card. Love the phrase Oh snap with the crab. Great summer card. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2 for the water challenge.

Susan Edwards said...

What a wonderful card! I too love the Oh Snap phrase with the crab! I hope you friend loves her card, but truly how could she not? You did a fabulous job. Thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.

Tangle said...

Love this! so bright and clever. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

-Rebekah